- Esther’s Eggplant hat propelled me into local fame when I was featured in advertisements for JP Knit & Stitch.
- Imaginknit is a splendid yarn store in San Francisco.
- Depth of Field is a yarn store in Minneapolis that is not to be missed.
- Rachel Paupeck is an Architect
- Amanda Bernsohn takes pictures
- Henry Schneiderman makes prints and other artworks
- Mary D. Ott (my mom) is an artist and member of the Touchstone Gallery
- Suzanne Camarata is a photographer
- Susie Schutt is a theatre director and educator
I’m eating my way through the Minneapolis-St. Paul. Here is a partial list of my favorite restaurants
- Heartland: Fancy farm-to-table
- Wise Acre Eatery: Not as fancy farm-to-table, but still pretty fancy
- Brasa: I really enjoy Brasa’s pork shoulder and yams.
- Cecil’s: Prince gets his Challah here. There is no higher endorsement.
- Sea Change: The grilled octopus is not to be missed
- Shish: A Mediterranean restaurant that also serves delicious carrot cake
- I have had the honor of acting in plays written by the children of the Olneyville neighborhood of Providence with the Manton Avenue Project
- AS220 is a place where one can learn about songwriting, dance, printmaking, and also get a tasty sandwich.
- The Sandra Feinstein Gamm Theatre has great plays! My favorite so far was Circle Mirror Transformation by Annie Baker.
- RISD has a top-notch art museum.